Saturday 4 May 2013

Our 13th General Election

And so, finally the moment the citizens of Malaysia have been waiting for... the polling day, which is tomorrow.:) 
My advice would be, vote wisely, and always put the interest of the nation before you. Cuz if the nation prospers, you will too. And after so much has happened in our beloved country, I do believe the bulk of us wants to see a turnaround of events; to see justice being served, equality for everyone, and core issues being addressed and not merely being swept under the carpet.

Regardless, I do believe God is sovereign and His plans and purposes for this nation will be fulfilled even in spite of how the situation might look like right now. Our job is to do our part, and then whatever the outcome is, just surrender, trust and believe.:)

"Be still before the Lord
    and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
    when they carry out their wicked schemes."

Psalm 37:7

This afternoon, I was also itching to do some baking. And I thought, since we're in the election season, why not bake some statement cupcakes?;)

So yeap, I decided to go with the chocolate cupcake recipe I used for my previous baking attempt. It's by far one of the best I feel.. the texture is very moist and soft. My mum said she gives it a 100% rating for this batch of cupcakes but I do think it's a lil' flattering, but very exaggerated. Haha. There's still a long way for me to go on my cupcake baking journey :)


 #UBAH means ''change''. That is the very sentiment that echoes in my heart. Change can be daunting and even scary, but it can also be good, cuz it helps us to get out of our comfort zone and to help us realize, we are capable of so much more than we think we can.



# I made the buttercream frosting separately (the ones with a slightly beige colouring). The icing in white were done using a deco kit but somehow, this particular one seemed to have melted very quickly under the heat so I had to hastily arrange the cupcakes, whip out my phone, snap a few pics and put them back in the fridge! LOL



 #Mmm...I'm so pleased with this icing deco! :) 



#First bite tastes like.....the dawn of a new beginning....LOL. But frankly, it was moist and very satisfactory even for the baker herself :)

Dear voters, do remember to get up as early as possible  tomorrow to be at the polling station even before 8am. :)
Every vote counts, so go out there and make a difference!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment